Creating sustainable improvement and in-house competence
sustainable competitive advantage.”
Arie de Geus
Given the right support and management, Performance Improvement Teams can make a radical difference to organisational output in a short time, saving literally thousands of pounds.
Performance improvements can be attained across a wide spectrum of areas including scrap reduction, set-up time reduction, overall equipment efficiency, inventory reduction, service response time etc.
Each Performance Improvement Team is quite unique, however some generalities are possible.
Components covered by performance improvement projects. Typical components include:
- Consultation to define performance improvement strategy
- Formation of appropriate team for project
- Facilitation and training to ascertain performance improvement opportunities, categories, rank and rate
- Formation of route maps for teams to follow
- Training in appropriate analytical and problem solving tools
- Support and additional training as required for improvement implementation
- Dedicated web space in which teams can coordinate activities
control over what you do.”
A J Kitt